We all negotiate daily in countless communications ranging from formal to very informal. This programme focuses on managing different negotiation contexts. It provides practical tools to apply to any situation and gives you a far better opportunity to achieve successful outcomes, whatever your style.
Negotiate your way to success
A good negotiator achieves the best possible long and short term outcomes. This course builds the skills you need to negotiate the result you desire.
Issues in negotiation
- What is negotiation?
- Difficulties of negotiation at work
Taking a win/win approach
- Win/win and other approaches to negotiation
- The consequences of each approach
Preparing for negotiation
- Researching the negotiation
- Enlarging the options
- Building your fallback position
- Planning your tactics
- Steps in the process and why they matter
- Practice preparing for a negotiation
Key principles for handling the negotiation
- Understanding the role of the people issues
- How to find out what is really going on
- How to avoid giving away too much
- Practice of these principles
Other helpful tips
- Handling difficult people
- Putting and receiving proposals
- What to do when you get 'stuck'
- How to handle the most common negotiation tactics
Download the PDF outline of a typical in-house programme in this area.
- Difficult conversations/Conflict resolution
- Presentation Skills
- Customer Service
- Individual communication style: the DiSC Behavioural style inventory
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Relationship management
- Managing pressure
- Leading effective meetings, plus how to participate more effectively
Need More Help?
If you can't find the right solution here, click here to see our solutions menu or email us below and we will contact you. We are happy to talk with you on a no obligation basis. If we can't provide a solution, we usually know who can.
"Participants on our courses have always rated Communicate Consultants very highly for the relevance of the content of their sessions and the professional way in which they carry out their work. Their sessions are lively and effective and a highlight of our programs."