Success at work requires us to build effective relationships – both external and internal. This programme covers the skills involved in the whole sequence, from creating through to maintaining good relationships. It includes networking, practical systems for relationship management and the key skills required for client meetings. It also includes relationship building for introverts! The programme can cover a range of skills, or it can focus specifically on the daunting process of networking.
Your business success depends on your capacity to create and maintain effective working relationships. We coach you through a number of skills that will enhance your ability to build these.
What are good relationships?
What is meant by client/stakeholder relationships?
Why are they important?
Factors that help or hinder them
Finding time to build relationships
- Managing your time so you can focus on this
- Networking to build those long term relationships
- Setting up a relationship building system – the practicalities
- Finding the opportunities that are in front of you
Great communication skills – the key to relationships
- What goes wrong in the basic communication?
- Effective listening – the vital skill
- Establishing rapport – how to get on their wavelength, even when it’s hard
- Asking questions to uncover their needs
- Relationship building for introverts
- Using these skills in the broader work context
Being pro-active in client/stakeholder communication
- Steering client discussions
- Managing expectations
- Dealing with difficult situations
Where to from here?
- The internal affects the external – managing your internal relationships
- Action plan for progress
Downloadthe PDF outline of a typical in-house programme in this area.
- Difficult conversations/Conflict resolution
- Presentation Skills
- Customer Service
- Individual communication style: the DiSC Behavioural style inventory
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Relationship management
- Managing pressure
- Leading effective meetings, plus how to participate more effectively
Need More Help?
If you can't find the right solution here, click here to see our solutions menu or email us below and we will contact you. We are happy to talk with you on a no obligation basis. If we can't provide a solution, we usually know who can.
"Participants on our courses have always rated Communicate Consultants very highly for the relevance of the content of their sessions and the professional way in which they carry out their work. Their sessions are lively and effective and a highlight of our programs."